Monday, February 18, 2013

Truth Be Told #15


Truth Be Told #15
You Have to be Tough to Survive This Family

The Overdorffs came in over the weekend.  They live in Ohio.  They are my mom's relatives on her dad's side. They stayed overnight.


This is Jaclyn on the right.  She ended up getting sick.  She never complained once.  She even had to ride all the way back to Cleveland sick.  
She's just like the rest of us.  You have to be tough to be in this family.  


Then we got to stay overnight somewhere.  We spent the next night a Peak n Peek Ski Resort.  
It was 10 degrees and the actual feel was minus 1.  Of course we signed up for the tubing package.
We got toughened to the cold.


Sam was not too sure about it at first, but ended up loving it.  We went with Jack, Adam, and all of his friends.  Soon Sam was riding down the hill with all the teenagers.  You could hear him over everyone else.


It was so cold Mother Eloise told me to wear a scarf.  She told me I looked like a refugee.


Mother Eloise always takes pictures of herself like this in a mirror for her blog.
I thought I could join in.  Everyone needs a nice refugee in the background.


This actually has a name.


It is called the photo bomb.


My cousin Chris likes to do this in everybody's pictures.


I think I am taking after him.


I had WAY too much fun with it.


Above was the faraway look.  

Below is the duck face.



Mother Eloise will be making some faces come July.  She signed up for the race in the video below, with her friend Tracy.  She told me I get to be the trainer.  I'm getting a clip board and a real coach's whistle.  We get to train on the playgrounds. 

 My monkey bar experiences are not great.  Mother Eloise was teaching me how when I was 8, and she told me to "just swing your arms and legs--I'll catch you--I'll be right here."  Well, let's just say her reaction time is a little slow.  I think I got a concussion because I landed flat on my back.  I hope her teammates read this blog.

If you want to check out what she's in for, click on the video below.  Like I said--you have to be tough to survive this family.

Hang Tough,
Ellen Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment