Sunday, September 30, 2012

Truth Be Told #2

Truth Be Told #2
We Don't Always Watch Educational TV

Even though my parents are both teachers, we still watch a lot of TV in our house.  Some people say TV is bad and books are better but you can't really read all the time.  You'd get serious eye strain.

Everybody likes to watch something different.  I like to watch Say Yes to the Dress and DC Cupcakes.  Natalie likes to watch what I watch.  Sam is into Sponge Bob big time.  Mother Eloise likes Touch and the news.  Dad likes ESPN and that dumb show Gold Rush.  

But there is one show lately that we all come together to watch.  Mom claims that she doesn't watch it, but look at this picture.


 Those are her gnarly feet propped on the edge of her new round chair.  It is kind of like a nest where she sits.  That is Alanna/Honey Boo Boo Child on our TV on the wall.  So this is proof she DOES watch the show she claims she doesn't.

I put a video about the show on the bottom of this post.  You can click on it to see what Honey Boo Boo is all about.  Be prepared to laugh.

Alanna introduces you to her "crazy family." They all have nicknames.  She has 3 sisters and now a new niece.  Everyone in the family has nicknames except the new niece Kaitlyn but she was born with two thumbs on one hand so I think a nickname is coming.

The nicknames are:

  • Alanna--6--the main character---Honey Boo Boo
  • Mom/June--32---Momma
  • Dad/Mike--40---Sugar Bear
  • Lauren--12--Pumpkin
  • Jessica---15--Chubs
  • Anna--17---Chickadee

I thought of nicknames for my own family.  I made them to kind of match.  They are:

  • Mom/Mother Eloise---41---July
  • Dad--43---Bitter Bear
  • Natalie---14---Plump
  • Sam---6---Buddy Boo Boo
  • Ellen---12---Gourd


My mom has nicknames for just about everyone.  Some she shares, and some she doesn't.  I hear that Grandpa had many nicknames for people, too.  Especially guys from GE.  That's what my mom says anyway.

If I could rename anyone, I'd rename Taylor Swift, Taylor SWAFT.  I just think that would be so cool if she switched over from country to Rap or Deep R&B and she could be Tay-Sway.




These are the people I went to camp with last week.  I gave them all nicknames.  They were:

  • Adam---Yeti   because he has big feet.
  • Emily---Em Bem
  • Ellen--El Bel
  • Jack--Hack--because Aunt Karen's bad typing on her iPhone--it always comes out that way.


I got cool presents for my birthday.  I even got two from my pinterest board!  I was so excited.  

I got this arrow bracelet because I really like The Hunger Games books and movie.


Arrow Bracelet Uncovet


I also got this really cool necklace.  It means Jeremiah 29:11.  It is my favorite Bible verse.  Carrie Underwood says it in Soul Surfer, too.


Jeremiah 29:11-Scripture Necklace-For I know the plans I have for you ---- Love these necklaces from Etsy!

Have fun watching June and her crazy family.  Like mom says, try not to laugh AT them, laugh WITH them.  They really do seem nice and love each other when they are not yelling at each other.

I think my readers are "all that and a pack of crackers."
Love,
Ellen Louise






No comments:

Post a Comment