Friday, September 21, 2012

Truth Be Told #1


Truth Be Told #1
She Doesn't Only Listen to Tim McGraw

Today is my birthday.  I am a dozen years old.  


Welcome to my blog Life Inside the Lamp Post.  I earned it from getting an advanced score in Writing on my PSSA's.  My Mom, who you know as Eloise, told me I could have my own blog if I got an advanced score.  I did it!







Now it is MY turn to write!

This is my house, The Lamp Post.  My mom writes a blog called Lessons From the Lamp Post.  She always writes about me, my sister, and my brother.  Now it is my turn to tell you the truth about what REALLY goes on inside the Lamp Post.  Here is a peek at my life.


You can always tell Mother Eloise from the ring on her finger.  I got it for her for Mother's Day one year.  This is Mother Eloise's favorite weekend beverage.


My trademark is my fingernails.  I always have them painted cool ways.  We went to the football game so I painted my nails orange and black to match my school.  My favorite weekend beverage is Coca Cola.  Out of the glass bottle is my favorite, but I do collect all the cans.

My Aunt Karen got me this cool nail polish for my birthday.  I've been wanting it for so long.  It is expensive. Mom says I have to keep the lid on tight and keep it away from my brother Sam.  I saw essie nail polish on pinterest, which is my favorite thing to do.  I have my own board on my mom's account called Ellen Louise.  I have over 900 things pinned!


I even found how to make a skin cleansing mask to make my face super clean.  That is tissue paper on my face.  Don't worry, it came off.


My mom pins things for me to make her on a board called Create.  When I get bored, I pick something from there to do.  It is fun.  

My Grandma has a board called Ellen Make Me This.  She pins all kinds of stuff for me to make her, too.

This is a picture of me with my sister Natalie.  We do lots of stuff together.  


This is me and my little brother Sam.  He was actually smiling in this picture because he knew he was going to get some cake.  

He even helped me blow out my own candles.  

 Sam didn't even spit on the cake this year so we were lucky. 

 The point of this blog is to tell you what life is REALLY like inside the Lamp Post.  I have to tell you the truth.  So Truth Be Told #1 is:  My mom doesn't only listen to Tim McGraw.  She listens to other songs, too.

  Mother Eloise likes to listen to music all the time, especially when she's getting ready to go somewhere.  She is really fast at getting ready.  I'm not that fast yet.  Mother Eloise says I'll get fast when I'm a mom someday.  

This is a little hidden camera video I took of her getting ready for my birthday party.  If you notice, she is NOT listening to Tim McGraw.  She's been listening to the Zac Brown Band this week.  The song is called Chicken Fried.  You can even hear her singing!  I hope you enjoy the video.  She let me put it on here.  But from now on, I have to keep the video camera in her room when I am not using it.  

Have a nice day!
Ellen Louise

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Ellen and congratulations on the new blog! I enjoyed reading it and watching your hidden video! I'm already looking forward to post #2. Have you seen that there is nail polish out called The Hunger Games Collection? A color to represent each of the districts. Here's a link if it will work on here. Take care and keep up the good work! http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/01/23/the-hunger-games-china-glaze-nail-polish-collection/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen,
    I am sooooooo proud of you! Not only for your very own blog, but of course your AMAZING PSSA WRITING SCORE! You are every teachers dream student....respectful, smart, funny, understands sarcasm, and get's my inside jokes! This blog is a great way for you to express yourself in a new way....good luck and may your blog life be ever in your favor!
    Happy birthday!
    Mrs. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen,
    Happy Birthday and Congratulations on the Advanced PSSA Writing score that earned you this blog! You should be so proud of yourself. I really enjoyed your first post and can't wait to follow as you write until your heart is content! I am looking forward to reading and watching your videos. Not only do you write well just like your mom, but you seem to be quite artistic as well. My classroom is next door to Natalie's and she was showing off her purple nails to me the first week of school. She also showed me her nails on Friday I believe, and she also had them painted as husky paws. Anytime I ask her who painted her nails, she always says, "Ellen." She had a beautiful braid in her hair one day and she told me you also did that. You are a very sweet young lady and Natalie thinks the world of you! I can tell you two spend a lot of time together because she is always bringing you up when she talks with me! Best wishes as you begin your blog and keep up on all of those Create pinterest activities. Mrs. Chase

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Ellen, great job!! I am sure you don't remember me, but your aunt Karen is one of my best friends in the world!! I miss her and your family all the time. I moved away about 6 years ago, but you and your mom make me feel like I am home whenever I read your blogs!! Congrats on the test score, I am envious of your writing abilities!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete