Friday, March 27, 2015

Truth Be Told #30--He's a Beauty

Truth Be Told #30--
He's a real beauty, my brother Sam.
He turns 8 years old today.




Last night when we went to the grocery store to pick out his cake,
we lost him in the store.
He always wanders away and we have no idea how he does it.
One minute he's there, and the next he's gone.
This time, it took like five minutes to find him.
Finally I found him coming out of the cereal aisle crying.
He was with a nice lady who was saying,
"What does your mother look like?" 
Sam saw me first, and instead of being relieved and rushing to hug me,
he was ticked off.
"Ellen!  You left me!"
He punched me right in the store in front of everyone.

The rest of the night he kept saying,
"I can't believe I was almost left for dead on the last day of my seventh year."
What little boy says that?

Even Mother Eloise was worried this time.
After a few minutes she was trying to think of what he was wearing.
All we could remember was that he had blue marker all over his face.

When I asked Sam after school what the blue marker was from,
he said he was drawing a Siberian tiger.
What?  They are white!


By brother can be a handful,


but he is really tenderhearted, too.


He also thinks dressing up means putting a clip on tie on top of a t-shirt.


He was easy to spot on the basketball court this year,


and he loved seeing Big Hero 6 with his Big Hero Jack.


We watch the show about the Duggars with the 19 kids.



In their family they have a rule that if a dating couple goes out,
they have to take a kid chaperon with them.


Everywhere they go one of the brothers or sisters is along.


I know how they feel because Mother Eloise thought that was a good idea.

Sam goes bowling.


And to hockey games.


And to Waldameer.



And of course to my birthday parties.



He loves being with teenagers, I guess.


Truthfully, they don't mind Sam either because he is funny.


Here is a video Mom made with all the pictures of my brother from the last year.

Happy birthday, Sam.
Eight is great!

Ellen


No comments:

Post a Comment