Sunday, November 11, 2012

Truth Be Told #7


Truth Be Told #7
Sam's a Neat Kid


It was Report Card Weekend at The Lamp Post.


It's really no big deal.  We don't get paid for our grades or anything.  Mother Eloise says our best is just expected every quarter.  

But I still get nervous every single time my teacher hands me that tan report card envelope.   I still did well though.

We were all nervous for Sam though.  This was his first report card. 


The Kindergarten gets kind of a weird report card.  They don't get grades yet.  They just get Proficient or Developing in their skills.  

I could have filled out this section of the report card for Mrs. P. months ago.  Sam is developing all of his social skills---except for one.

Cleaning.  He got Proficient in that.

He's neat. 

I'll give him that.



 Christmas is 45 days away.  I see that as a Behavior Management Plan for Sam.

Threaten Santa.  That always works.

Sam has had a strange history with Santa Claus.

He didn't know what to make of him the first year.



 By the next year, he had sort of a love-hate relationship with the Man in the Red Suit.


Sam was kind of afraid last year, but wanted presents.  He told Santa at the Christmas party just to leave his presents on the front porch because he didn't want a stranger in the house.

45 days of "Santa's watching......."
That's nice for me.

Speaking of me, I started some Christmas crafts this weekend.  This is a cool wreath that I misjudged the amount of materials I needed.  I'll have to finish it next weekend.  Stay tuned.



I made some owls on my finger nails.


I also made this canvas art with spray paint and cheap snowflakes.  


Grandma wanted me to design wine glasses for Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt Karen's house.  She makes the best food and we have a fancy dinner there every year that she and my Uncle Steve cook.  Grandma wanted some special wine glasses to drink wine out of.  She bought me the paint pens to do this.  They are really cool.  


Grandma says to give her all the glasses I make mistakes on.  She says you can never have too many wine glasses and to give her the "junker ones." 

I put a Lady Antebellum Christmas video on here.  They came out with a brand new Christmas album for the season. We were going to get it this weekend, but Mother Eloise is feeling sick.  Plus she says it's too early to be thinking about Christmas and that it is making her nervous.  Maybe next weekend we'll get the music.

Enjoy the video. This kid kind of looks like my brother, but Sam would never be that dressed up willingly.

Happy Almost Holidays,
Ellen Louise

2 comments:

  1. Ellen your talent "BeDazzles" me... Well Done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete